"FINALLY. MY THERMIC REACTOR IS PULSATING WITH EXCITEMEEEEEEEEEEENT!"
Santodes is a Dreadnought of the Adeptus Custodes.
Santodes was first mentioned by Kitten when he and the Emperor were recounting how Ollanius Pius sacrificed himself for the Emperor by standing between him and Horus. Santodes had apparently stripped down to his loincloth and jumped in front of the Emperor to imitate Ollanius' sacrifice, perhaps out of jealousy for the ordinary human's bravery. Santodes had apparently been mortally wounded in the encounter, but was able to be preserved in a Dreadnought.
Santodes first appeared when Kitten had returned to the Imperial Palace, and was putting together a squad for his trip to Mars. Santodes was the only Dreadnought who was awake at the time; he is also one of the only known Dreadnoughts to share in the hedonistic tendencies of The Fabulous Custodes, including letting his long flowing hair extend out of his helmet, though due to being a dreadnought, he is unable to "shed his wargear" like The Fabulous Custodes. Kitten is extremely annoyed with Santodes’ antics, including leaving oil spills everywhere and just being a general nuisance.
Santodes later becomes the key element to getting past the Skitarii guarding the Forge Temple (by rather comically seducing them) in order to meet the Fabricator General on Mars.
As Kitten reflects on his doubts of being a Captain-General, Santodes is among the crowd that cheers him on, stating that the Custodes needed a level-headed father figure (or a "daddy" in his own word) in this time of peace.
- “DID SOMEBODY SAY... BRAWN?”
- “MY COGS MUST BE OILED. AND MY LOCKS SHALT BE HYDRATED.”
- “M Y M A S T E R A W A K E N E D M E!”
- “AGREED! Despondent faAilures, all of you!”
- “HUMONGOUS TERMINATOR DADDIES." 
- “LITTLE KITTEN, YOU MUST SQUAT MORE FREQUENTLY.”
- “THERE IS PASSIVE-AGGRESSION IN THE AIR!”
- "MY THERMIC REACTOR PULSATES WITH SMOOTH, VELVETY, BEATS."
- "SKITARII. I WANT TO ENTER YOUR TEMPLE."
- "You're like a widowed father who is just doing his best. Your ability to care is UNSURPASSED!"
- "We need a DADDY."
- "Push me, daddy! Push me on the swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!"
- Santodes’ name and appearance is derived from the character Santana from Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure, in keeping with the theme set by The Fabulous Custodes.
- His 'sacrifice' to save the Emperor is in itself a reference to Santana, as he was the first Pillarman to be defeated, and is considered the least memorable of the four.
- The line “M Y M A S T E R A W A K E N E D M E!” is a reference to Wamuu's line "Awaken, My Masters!", which is also the name of the iconic Pillar Men theme that was arranged into the leitmotif of both The Fabulous Custodes and Santodes.
- Santodes' limbs are far more muscular than on a standard Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought; his chassis in general is even more humanoid, more resembling human physiology, again in keeping with the theme of the Pillar Men being lightly clothed and muscular.
- Santodes is the only Custodian to be openly referred to by name, with the technical exception of Kitten, The Fabulous Custodes only being named through their subtitles.