Warhammer Fantasy is Games Workshop’s fantasy counterpart to Warhammer 40,000, predating the latter by several years. The franchise was eventually rebooted and reinvented into Age of Sigmar. The franchise is mentioned multiple times in If The Emperor Had a Text-To-Speech Device.
Relation to Warhammer 40,000
According to Official canon, the two universes share the same connection to Chaos, having most of the same gods and possibly having the realms of Chaos connected to one another. Each franchise may reference on another as well, where seers in Warhammer Fantasy may receive visions of the 41st millennium, while Imperial Guardsmen may be forced by the Masque of Slaanesh to ride invisible horses like the Knights of Bretonnia. Many of the same races appear in both franchises, such as Orks, Beastmen, Elves, Dwarves, Daemons, etc.
Relation to TTS
The Warhammer Fantasy universe is connected in many ways to the TTS universe; some characters from Karl the Deranged's series "Ravendil's Quest" make cameos in TTS, such as the NPC character Magnar Buckethead.
- When characters in the Throne Room were playing Magnus’ roleplaying game, their actions were directly affecting the fantasy universe. When Magnus burned up his tome, their role play characters suddenly appeared in the Throne Room.
- Furthermore, Custodisi had been banished to the Fantasy universe, where he had become a warlord of the Ogre Kingdoms. He was desperately trying to find a way to return to the 40k universe, but was defeated by the Player characters.
- The Great Horned Rat appeared during the second anniversary of Slaaneshmas to upstage Slaanesh.
- Malal is originally from the Fantasy universe, though he is referenced as “Malice” in official 40k canon.
- A squad of Ultramarines entered the Fantasy universe to become the newly introduced Stormcast Eternals (aka “Sigmarines”).
- During a "Small Baby Game" of 20 questions between Leman Russ and some Dark Eldar, Russ was able to summon Urist Boatmurdered to torment the Dark Eldar with his insults and eventually kill them.